Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY 2010 EVERYONE!

Ending the holiday season during a weekend is very civilised, there's a graceful wind down. This morning we took the tree down and got the house back to our family's version of "normal". My son is in a state of shock about waking up before noon to help take the tree to the recycling depot but he will thank us for helping jig his internal clock back to normal when his alarm goes off at 6:00 am on Monday morning. The cat seems to be sulking since his traditional bow was removed from his collar but he often has that look on his face so we're not completely sure about his state of mind. I have put the Shaw Fireplace on my PVR so I can have it on any time of year- it's a great background sound. The pine needles are swept up. The Seasonal CDs and DVDs are stored. The lights are still up outside just in case in snows... a sure sign that we're west coasters.

aMused Studio begins a new year in the usual state of mid-project disorder. I am serious about getting back to work- this morning I got out the nail file and filed my nails down down as low as they can go!

There's LOTS to do- I have a wholesale show coming up at the beginning of February so I'll be making a lot of Fusion Bangles, Beachstone Bracelets, BeachStone Strands and my new BeachStone Pendants. This one will be going in the One World One Heart event.


I'm going to be taking shoreline photos in Sooke this coming weekend and hope they inspire some mixed media canvases for the display. I have to redesign my business cards and have them printed, get a banner made and organise the booth.

The Clay Daze Gathering is set for the end of January here in Victoria and it will be a busy time too! I'm coordinating Sales Tables and the Polymer Clay Art and Craft Exhibition- looking forward to hearing from everyone who plans to participate!

So many people who I have met through this blog share my passion for reading and they have inspired me to develop a 2010 list of the books I've read or am reading to this blog... the list is in the column to the right. I'm curious to see how many I end up reading!

1 comment:

  1. You've left me simultaneously inspired and exhausted! :) Sounds like 2010 will be a good year for you. Go, go, go...

    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!