Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Morning Reading- Polymer and Metal Clay Combos and a Trip to the Seaside

Today I had my morning reading session with the September 2009 issue of Art Jewelery. It has a great article by Cindy Silas on Integrating Metal and Polymer Clay. It reviews the way that polymer can work effectively as a form for doming, making texture plates,  a backing material and stand out front as a glorious feature component.
The article that really got me thinking was by Monica Branstrom. She presents a method to make a bezel setting for sea glass. Her work is stunningly beautiful. The article is not geared for metal clay and a little Google research confirmed my hunch that an electric kiln is needed for glass and metal clay firing but it certainly makes me consider the possibilities, especially since I have a nice collection of sea glass and a soldering class next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!