Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sassafras Copper Workshop-

I thoroughly enjoyed the Copper Workshop at Sassafras Art Studio yesterday. I had planned to try my hand at making findings but I got caught up in a dangly earring fervor and came home with some components that I turned into earrings this morning. I have a pendant and another pair of earings in the to-do area of my worktable.
The good news is that the kiln at Victoria Art Glass is available for firing metal clay pieces for an incredible cost of $5.00 per load. I have a nice supply of copper clay and I plan to make some pieces and have them fired there.... it's a few minutes from Mayfair shopping Mall too so I can multi-task!

Once again- many thanks to Tiffany for a terrific workshop! I highly recommend one of her metal clay classes. Even without a Groupon deal it's time and money very well spent!  

1 comment:

  1. Totally awesome and great news! on finding a source to fire your clay at a reasonable cost and being able to create something you love to do. Nice looking dangles, G! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!