Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mixed Media Collage- Tidepool


I just put the finishing touches on this 5x7 mixed media collage. The rusty section on the corner zaps the blues in the piece. The photo was taken at Point No Point.

I'm running low on rust in my treasure embellishment box, only a fellow mixed media / ratpacker type would understand my concern! (I know there are a lot of you who read this blog)- Happily I'm heading up island this weekend for a little getaway with my daughter and there's a huge beach which hopefully will have the rusty goodies from a shipwreck or two.

My prime beachcombing targets will be driftwoodized tree roots and rusty wire but it's never what you look for, it's what you find that fuels the best creations.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite rusty treasures have come from the streets around Baltimore but the driftwood and pebbles I've hoarded are from beaches in Maine. My all time crazy attempt was trying tried to get my brother in law to remove some wood off an abandoned boat in a tide pool. From a distance it looked possible but on closer inspection the wood beams were extremely thick and heavy. For years, I'd coveted a piece of that boat but it just wasn't meant to be!
    Enjoy your treasure hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great get-a-way. Good luck treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I have a weakness for blue/orange combinations.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!