Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Little Houses

I found some 4x4" canvases at Island Blue and began playing with the Little Houses motifs I did on tiles last year. I really pared down the houses- they lack the roof details I had in earlier work. I'd appreciate any feedback on these. I like this presentation more than the tiles because the elements of the composition can "go around the corner" on the canvas because the frames are 1 inch thick. I'm considering combining this motif with polymer clay, paint and collage, something that I was inspired to do when so many of us were exploring each others' blogs with One World, One Heart.
.

1 comment:

  1. they remind me of the Iles de la Madeleine houses.
    A dash of colour on a barren (well no trees) between land ans sea.
    Love them!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!