Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Oak Bay Community Artists' Society

It's a very gloomy and damp day here on southern Vancouver Island and I'm in need of something to brighten my day. What better than sharing some local art! Here's the link to the Oak Bay Community Artists' Society Website. It's a great group that welcomes all disciplines from mixed media types like myself to stained glass artisans, potters, painters, felters and on and on. The group hosts fall and spring studio tours, the next one is scheduled for April 17 & 18, 2010. The group also presents the very popular Bowker Creek Brush Up (August 8, 2010) The group displays work at the Oak Bay Municipal Hall through the year.

If you are an artist residing in Oak Bay we hope that you'll join us!

The beautiful painting is by one of my favourite painters in our group, Marion Morrison who recently was honoured with "Best in Show" at the Sidney Fine Arts Show! Congratulations Marion!

1 comment:

  1. I came to visit your blog after reading Lorrie Abdo's interview with you. I'll definitely be back. I love your use of color and mastery of polymer.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!