Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sassafras Art Clay Workshop- WOW!

My first art clay silver pendants
Yesterday I took the Sassafras Art Studio Introduction to Art Clay Silver Workshop. It was time very well spent! Tiffany is an excellent teacher and I believe I have improved my skills since my first attempt in 2001. The class was held at the Victoria Art Glass Studio which has a large well lit studio space and is minutes away from a mall so while our work was firing we were able to get some shopping done! (The Art Glass Studio kiln is available for art clay firing for a modest fee.)
There were three of us in the class so instruction was personalised and effective.
Tiffany- art clay instructor extrordinaire!
Deborah and Christine - good company!
Here I am waiting for clay to dry on a warming tray
Pieces before the firing (1200 F for 30min 
Deborah's pendants
Christine's pendants

4 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous...I love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't PMC such fun to play with:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, you made so great pendants! I've never try PMC. But seems to be fun! My only concern about it is how to firing new peaces without a kiln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found out that I'll be able to fire the pieces with a blowtorch or on the top of my gas stove!

    g.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!