Sunday, October 21, 2012

Old Friends- something sort of new


These little beings have been re-appearing in a lot of pieces lately and these three broke free to stand alone. They look like some little characters I used to make many years ago- I recall a spirited discussion many years ago in the Clayamies chat forum as I considered a name for these little ethnically inspired citizens of my imagination and someone suggested "Ethni'Zens".
polymer clay and found organic materials 6 inches tall
They are much more serious and mysterious than my whimsical little Muses. They seem to have a plan so I'll see where they decide to take me...
These three are prototypes- I've got ideas stemming from the suspended vessels and kelp baskets to apply to them. It's going to be a fun week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!