Sunday, March 7, 2010
Polymer (clay) and Fibre Necklace- the exasperating experimentation continues
If this was MSN I'd type "ack!" and add a few frustrated emoticons. This necklace has a steep learning curve. The first one flowed beautifully. "R&D" (research and development) is often time consuming and crazy-making and I alway get this feeling that I'm getting behind in the race to chase my own tail. I spent half of yesterday working on the project before going outside with a book to read and reflect on the early spring weather and decide to officially begin delaying the garden weeding. While sitting there I realised what was wrong with the necklace- it's the wool! It's gorgeous mohair but the strands are very thin and when I double or triple strand them the fibres matt together in fuzzy tangles. There's also an unattractive droopiness too. The first necklace was made with thicker more stable handspun wool that could hold the weight of the beads.
So- here's the new colour selection with appropriate wool.
The saga continues.
Posted by Gera Scott Chandler at Sunday, March 07, 2010