Sunday, September 23, 2007

BeachStones

I've been blessed to live by the sea here in British Columbia all my life. I share an obsession with many of my friends in that I'm unable to stroll the shore without filling my pockets with beachstones. To me each one is a tiny beautiful work of sculptural art. Hand crafted polymer clay beachstones were one of the first things I tackled when I began to be drawn to polymer clay. I made little pebbles as tag embellishments many years ago when I was making BeachStone Soaps. Soapmaking was abandoned for polymer clay shortly thereafter. I use my beachstones for jewellery and household decor items.
Yesterday I spent the day making BeachStones- two pounds of them! I'll be busy through the week!

2 comments:

  1. great beach pebbles.... they look so real! i wonder how many people could tell the difference??? (tic)

    cool post, g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great - you had me fooled!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!