Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dreams Can Come True


So many artists I know (including myself) have a lovely dream of opening their own workspace/gallery. My very dear friend Georgia Ferrell (known as iggy to her Canadian polymer clayamies) made her dream come true! She has partnered with two other wonderful women to establish Artemesia- their own gallery in Westport Ontario! They are doing it right too because they have received the local businesswomen of the year award!

Good things do come to good people- on the heels of the award, the gallery was featured in a local TV spot! Nothing is local any more- the spot is in the blogosphere now! Here's the link- there's some Grey's Anatomy stuff for a few seconds but stay with it, you'll be artfully inspired....
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/clip150080#clip150080 (if the link doesn't work- cut and paste it into your browser- I have a naughty leprechaun in my blog I think)

During the programe when iggy is at her workbench, look for her Secretive Woman "Carolyn" from the Workshop I taught at iggy's "Beek's Lane Studio" a few years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!