Thursday, May 27, 2010

A World Disaster

As I'm working here with CNN with constant oil spill coverage  I am struck by the irony that my work is celebrating the beauty of the shoreline while the shores and marshes in the Gulf of Mexico have been devastated.  There are no borders when it comes to this appalling assault on our global environment- it affects us all. The people on  the Gulf Coast  must deal first hand with the impact of this horror. My heart goes out to them but most especially to the creatures who are dying at this very moment.



A dead sea turtle is seen along the Louisiana shoreline on Saturday in Breton National Wildlife Refuge. 
(Eric Gay/Associated Press)

  

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I am angst ridden by the oil spill. Not only do I worry about it reaching the bottom coast of FL but I can't get the images of the dying pelicans out of my head. It is haunting.

    There are scores of photos of the spill on the Greenpeace Flickr stream. http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenpeaceusa09/

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!