Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Closing A Studio

My son is graduating from high school tomorrow! He's heading for college in the fall to study culinary arts...yum!
 He has outgrown his bedroom-  and we've decided that well convert my studio into a living space for him and I'll move the studio upstairs to his old bedroom.

I've gone through the process of a studio cleanout/renovation  before and blogged the process.... this will be putting together a  new that is half the size of the current one. should be interesting....

The first step was to box all sorts of items that I can't toss but don't need- they are "filed" in labelled  Rubbernaid bins. As you can see from the picture the bins will be getting more "stuff".

We've got a timeline of around a month for the transition. even though the studio is in chaos there'll be an element of order- I'll be still able to work on resin work and BeachStone art jewellery!

3 comments:

  1. wow~big undertaking but what fun to start 'fresh' w/ a studio :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New beginnings are wonderful. Just think of all the items you'll find that you didn't even remember you had. Like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine RitcheyJune 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM

    What a challenge. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to move my studio! The studio I have is a disaster area (MUCH worse that your picture!), and I'll be blogging about either 1)getting everything organized or 2)my nervous breakdown and stay at a mental health facility! *-)

    Good luck and please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!