Thursday, August 1, 2013

Creative Overload

 Have you ever left a gallery or craft show feeling absolutely overloaded with ideas to try?

After my travels this summer and the acquisition of  Cynthia Tinapple's new book as well as  buying Marianne Barne's New and Different Materials for Weaving and Coiling at Portland's awe inspiring Powell's Books my creative muse suffered a blockage due to too much input! I'd begin to gather materials for one project and suddenly find myself attempting something completely different .... after a lot of to and fro-ing I started working with some of the pine needle coiling techniques I learned with Nadine Spier in March. Here's the centre of a little practice piece I made using polymer clay at the centre. I have a batch of beads and a centre all set for the next piece.

It feels good to have a direction!




1 comment:

  1. Love this view - the interior is so rich....I understand, sometimes my mind feels as though it will burst from all the ideas jostling for position!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!