Saturday, September 25, 2010

Resuming a colourful focus

After a year of a  neutral toned beachstone-inspired focus for much of my "art-to-wear" I'm changing direction back to CoLoUr!!! During my recent retreat to Colorado I began to alter the style of beads I had been using for BeachStone bracelets and necklaces with new colour combinations, etching and non-organic inclusions. New shapes began to emerge and the addition of twisted wire and chains got my imagination in overdrive.

Maureen Carlson's ink approach, Dee Wilder's metallic and micro-mosaic wonders and Wendy Malinow's  otherworldly jewellery gave me a fastictic kick start on a new path!
These pieces were created in Colorado along with the beads featured in Polymer Clay Daily ... Marlene Brady's description of the beads as "futuristic primitive" was a fantastic boost- it's exactly the look I want! So I'm delighted with this approach along with the addition of fibre with polymer clay, silver and resin is the foundation of my preparation for the upcoming Gifts for Myself and Others Show in Victoria in November.

1 comment:

I always love to get comments!