Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Beginning the Search for A New Table

Tooday I made good progress on Helianthus. Her body is finished and ready for firing. I've filed my nails all the way down to begin sculpting her head. I think she'll be finished by Friday.
While conditioning reams of clay I had plenty of time to do my "multi-tasker-tabletop-tidy-up". As my sheets of clay are often over 30cm/a foot long they take around 10 seconds to pass through the machine so I hold the clay with one hand and put things away (or in the trash) with the other. The problem is that there isn't anywhere to PUT things that need to be "at hand". I've been putting it off for 2 years but it's time to search for a new worktable!

I've looked around several local stores at drafting tables and office desks but the ones that really caught my eye for flexibility and LOTS of storage options are sewing tables. Here is one I like a lot- I really like the shelves that look perfect for holding bottles. The hole for the machine is "filled in" by a swinging door. I think I'd have glass cut to protect the table top. I think I'll visit the store tomorrow after getting some special beads for Helianthus- wish me luck!

1 comment:

I always love to get comments!