Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Connecting Clues Through The Creative Process

I have had an idea rattling around in my head ever since I had a certain grid like effect with tree like blobs effect in an abstract pattern I came up with on a polymer clay covered vase I did last month. The concept was reinforced when I serendipitously stumbled upon the wonderful work of Friedensreich Hunderwasser http://www.grinch.ca/HTML/Hundertwasser/Hundertwasser.htm (how funny that the link there has the "grinch reference" after the post a few days ago- serendipity again)....and yesterday I found this wonderful drawing done a few years ago by my son Brendan. I loved it when he brought it home and now it's connecting with other things to give me this direction.
I think that if you look for them, you'll always find little "connecting markers" along the path that can lead to wonderful discoveries so I'm going to stick with this for a while.....I'm seeing a weird stylised map like landscape with little trees and houses- ...... perhaps inhabited with Moxies.....

3 comments:

  1. Hmm Gera...this sounds like a neat direction. I am curious to see where it leads you!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture is a masterpise i will pay 1,000$ for it the atrist is truly an genius e-mail me at brendan@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LoVE your artwork Brendan! You're an Artist to watch out for! Great genius-genes at work there. Your cartoon line drawing sure draws one to look longer than just a few seconds. Very nice detail.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to get comments!