Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Source of Inspiration


Yesterday we drove up the Malahat to Duncan. It was a beautiful autumny drive. The brilliant leaf colors were diffused by mist that crept through the forest. We stopped at a wonderful Wool Shop and I spent a happy time choosing some wool for Moxie hair. I saw these skeins and had to have them- the colours and textures will form the foundation for two Muses. They remind me of the mist and the rich autumn tones I saw on the drive.
I always suggest that if you plan to make a mixed media piece that involves fibre to begin with the fibre palette and then mix paint or clay to match- it's a lot easier than trying to dye or search through stores for a specific fibre colour you've mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to get comments!